Horse's FriendAlthough it is not widely known, MSM has for many years been used as a food supplement in both the equine and pet industry in the United States. MSM has been used to prevent and soothe back pain in horses that experience discomfort when moving, hair loss, sores around the area of the saddle and bruising. Horses with symptoms of back pain have shown signs of improvement, and improved recovery times, when given MSM. Growth above the knee known as epiphysitis can be caused by a high protein diet in growing horses. MSM can be used to relieve issues such as these while assisting in the reduction of inflammation and increasing blood circulation. Other issues that MSM can relieve in horses include Equine protozoal myeloencephalitis and arthritis.
Arthritis in PetsMSM is believed to assist in restoring healthy joints in humans and pets. Pets are unable to tell us when they are in pain and we can watch for signs they are suffering. However, as MSM is a totally safe organic sulphur it can easily be used as a preventative approach to help avoid them suffering altogether. MSM blocks pain and also reduces inflammation. It enhances the activity of cortisol which is a body's natural hormone that acts as an anti-inflammatory.
Further health benefits of MSM for your pets include:
- Antioxidant to help reduce the production of cancer causing free radicals. Improved energy, skin and healthy coat.
- Detoxification to allow better elimination of waste products and better absorption of needed nutrients
- Allergies can be alleviated by providing a natural block from allergens
- Parasites such as roundworms and Giardia can be prevented as the MSM acts as an antiparasitic
- Risk for diabetes can be reduced as MSM provides sulphur to improve cellular glucose uptake to promote healthy blood sugar levels
Show your best friend some love and get them onto a daily dose of MISMO's MSM too.