You've heard along the grapevine that Mineral makeup is considered a more natural alternative to the regular makeup out there on the market and that it has some terrific benefits for your skin. But what's so great about the ingredients and what exactly can it do for me, are some very important questions that we have answered below.
Pure Ingredients Mineral makeup is popular because it contains none of the artificial colours, oils, or perfumes that can cause irritation to the skin. It is also a non-comedongenic makeup meaning it will not clog pores. Key ingredients include mica, zinc oxide, iron oxides and titanium dioxide, but importantly quality mineral makeup does not include any of the filters and fillers found in other makeups.
Benefits for Healthy Skin Because of the natural ingredients in mineral makeup you will find a number of benefits for your skin including:
- Sun protection 15+ due to the zinc oxide
- Allows pores to breathe and will reduce issues with acne and rosacea
- Will not irritate skin as it does not contain allergens
- It provides a flawless finish due to the light reflecting qualities that help to minimise the appearance of imperfections such as large pores, scarring and uneven skin colour.
- It is an excellent camouflage for pigmentation issues as well as redness.
- It is easy to apply because it acts as a foundation and concealer in one. This also makes it an affordable choice as you require fewer items in your makeup bag.
- It lasts long and remains fresh for as long as 12 hours.
- It is a more hygienic choice as it does not harbour bacteria both in the jar and on your skin which makes it a better choice if you are prone to acne.
- Highly resistant to the unexpected including rain, humidity and tears
- Will not sink into fine lines and wrinkles
- Creates a soft focus to reduce signs of ageing
- Comfortable, light wearing makeup does not feel sticky or thick
If you have any queries, please do reach out to us.