Are you looking to create a dewy, glowing complexion with your makeup this Spring/ Summer? We thought we'd give you some easy tips on how to re-create this flawless and timeless look. These tips apply for all ages too, this look is not just for those in their 20's, it is one that is perfect for everyone. The secret to this look is natural and flowing, no lines where products end.
1. Preparing your skin Making sure you choose a quality moisturiser before applying your foundation is key to keeping your makeup in place all day. For normal to dry skin types Anti Wrinkle Cream; Nourishing Cream; New Age Moisturiser or Ultra Moisturising SPF Sunscreen will each work well. If you have oily skin BOOST oil free moisturiser is the way to go. The secret to keeping mineral makeup in place all day is oil. The makeup adheres to oil. This is very important for dry skin types. If you use BOOST your natural oil will hold the minerals in place.
2. Mineral Foundation (Liquid Mineral or Mineral Powder Foundation) Always finish your application of foundation in downward strokes for a flawless finish. The more conventional method for mineral powder is to apply in circles but we find a better finish is achieved with the downward method. The hairs on your face grow in the same direction. Repeat the process using fine layers until you have achieved the desired coverage.
3. Mineral Bronzer Mineral Bronzer gives a wonderful sun kissed glow. Apply in an upward outward motion to the cheeks and blend. Also, lightly sweep over the areas of your face that naturally get the sun: down the nose, forehead and chin. Blend well to avoid lines.
4. Mineral Highlighter Apply Mineral Highlighter just above cheekbones, under the eye and under the brow line. The effect will be stunning. Stroke with a light touch so you don't create lines. Remember it's all about blending to create a flawless finish. Tip - apply a little Highlighter just above the lip in the cupid's bow.
5. Lips Bright colours, chromes and pigments are currently on trend. Using a Rose Dew or Blush to colour your lips will compliment the dewy, healthy glowing look you are trying to achieve. Tip MISMO's Mineral Eyeshadow colour Rose Mocha can also double as a lipstick too. Just add a drop of water to it and apply straight to lips. The soft pink tones, will be a pretty addition to this look.
6. Lock it in with Mineral Veil Mineral Veil is also called setting powder. It is a great help for those with oily skin. Mineral Veil will not only set your foundation for the day it will absorb oil that is secreted during the day. Mineral Veil is very translucent and may be used all over the face including your eyelids. Mineral Veil will not change the colours of your completed makeup. Lightly dust the Mineral Veil over your foundation.
7. Don't forget your eyelids and eyebrows! Eyelids are always a different colour to your face so will look bare if no product is applied. Start with Mineral Veil as this will make the lid satin smooth and the skin on the eyelid will look younger and less creased. A little eyeshadow and mascara will also complete the look. Shape and colour your eyebrows using either Mineral Eye Brow/liner pencil or Brow Define a fabulous butter that colours and shapes the brows.