Did you know that you, yourself could be in control of your fine lines and wrinkles? How quickly you age is still very much dependent on your genes together with a few other underlying factors including environment, diet, etc. However, you'll be happy to know that YOU still have to a degree an impact on your own ageing process.
The key to controlling your ageing isn't difficult and is something that you are all probably doing each day but how effectively is of crucial importance. It all comes down to the very first step of your daily skin care routine Cleansing.
If you are cleansing correctly, you are able to reduce the occurrence of dry, irritated and inflamed skin, which in turn will help with fine lines and wrinkles. We've put together a few tips on how to cleanse properly.
1. Always wash your hands before starting to remove any leftover grime and dirt.
2. Wet your face with lukewarm water. Always use lukewarm water never hot or cold.
3. Massage a cleanser into your face using a circular motion. Don't rush this process. Spend a little time doing this focusing on all areas of your face including your hairline and jawline too.
4. Remove the cleanser with lukewarm water with your hands or better still a microfiber face cloth. Microfibre face cloths are wonderful for all skin types and very easy to use, simply wet the cloth, squeeze out the excess water and wipe away. Using a Microfibre cloth will also preserve the acid mantle of the skin and if your skin is prone to acne, you will also benefit as the cloth removes surface bacteria and stimulates blood circulation and regeneration of new cells.
5. Now your face is ready for toning and moisturising.
An important note to consider - Excessive washing can dry out the skin, whereas not enough washing can be problematic if you have oily skin. As a general rule of thumb you should be cleansing once in the morning and once of an evening too. Also, if you tend to suffer from breakouts an additional washing following a workout or doing something that makes you sweat is a good idea to remove excess oil.